Botanical name: Cymbopogon
Lemongrass (Cymbopogon) is a perennial plant of herbal genus. It belongs to the types of plants in Asia, Africa, Australia, and Tropical Islands.
What are the uses of Lemongrass (fever grass)?
There are many uses for the plant of lemongrass all over the world, such as follows:
- Lemongrass is used as a culinary herb and as medicinal herb. It is very common component in the Asian dishes and a great Indian medicinal herb.
- Due to its distinctive citrus flavor people used lemongrass in all its forms whether dried, powdered or fresh.
- Lemongrass is added to many drinks and foods such as teas, soup, curries, poultry, fish, beef, and seafood.
- The oil of lemongrass has many benefits such as using it as a pesticide and preservative.
- Lemongrass includes antifungal components.
- The use of lemongrass may help to repel insects like mosquitoes and attract insects like honey bees.
What are the nutritional of Lemongrass (cymbopogon citratus, fever grass)?
According to lemongrass supplier, Lemongrass has a high nutritional value as it contains many types of vitamins and minerals. It is and aromatic herb and its considered as a storehouse for the essential nutrients such as vitamin A, vitamin B1 (thiamine), vitamin B2 (riboflavin), vitamin B3 (niacin), vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid), vitamin B6 (pyridoxine), folate and vitamin C. It also contains many essential minerals including potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, manganese, copper, zinc and iron.
What are the health benefits of Lemongrass(cymbopogon citratus, fever grass)?
- Lemongrass (cymbopogon citratus) has the ability to low cholesterol levels and maintain healthy levels of triglycerides. Because it includes anti-hyperlipidemic and anti-hyper cholesterolemic properties.
- For its diuretic properties, Lemongrass can be used to clean the harmful toxic wastes out of bodies and detoxify bodies. Also it helps to regulate the functions of various organs of the body such as the liver and kidney. It is also useful to reduce the uric acid’s level.
- Lemongrass (cymbopogon citratus, fever grass) contains anti-cancerous properties. It can be used to fight various types of cancers without leaving any negative effects on healthy body cells. Many studies have proved its ability to treat skin cancer.
- Oil of lemongrass contains anti-microbial and anti-bacterial properties. So, it can be used to treat infections caused by different pathogens.
- Lemongrass (cymbopogon citratus, fever grass) helps to cure the gastrointestinal disorders, improve digestion, and regulate the bowel function. Also it can be used to treat constipation, ulcerative colitis, diarrhea, nausea and stomach aches for its anti-inflammatory property.
- Lemongrass tea grants you the ability to have deep sleep. It contains sedative and hypnotic properties for helping to calm the muscles and nerves.
- Lemongrass (fever grass) helps to cure respiratory disorders. It is a common remedy in Ayurvedic medicine. Due to its beneficial components, lemongrass has great healing effects in treating cough, cold, flu, nasal blockages, bronchial asthma and other respiratory disorders.
- Lemongrass has great effects in relieving fever so it is called as “fever grass”.
More related articles: