Name: White Sunflower seed
What is White Sunflower seed?
Sunflower is one type of oilseed plants. It also called Helianthus annuus. Sunflower includes many types of seeds such as linoleic, oleic, and NuSun.
Linoleic is the most famous type. These seeds are rich in fats particularly monounsaturated, saturated, and polyunsaturated fats. Let's show you the benefits of linoleic in this article.
White Sunflower seeds are used usually as commercial goods. The color of their hunks distinguishes their type. The seeds of solid black husk are named black oil sunflower seeds. We can get oil by pressing these seeds.
We can use the white seeds of sunflowers for human food or birds feed.
What are the uses of White Sunflower seed?
- The bulk white sunflower seed have many uses. It can be used as a snack and for garnishes.
- It is a common component in many recipes. The sprouted plants of these seeds can be added in salads.
- These seeds can be sold in shells or bags after drying them.
- After drying these seeds, we can eat them roasted with a flavor of salt, flour, barbecue, pickle or hot sauce.
- Countries of Mediterranean, Eastern Europe, and Asia use seeds of sunflower commonly in shell as a street food where it can be sold freshly roasted.
- Baseball players eat seeds of sunflower instead of chewing tobaccoo in United States.
- Raw and roasted mechanically dehulled kernels can be added in baking bread and other goods.
- Seeds of sunflower are used for making butter which is very useful for children suffering from nut allergies.
- We can also use sunflower seeds for feeding pets and wild birds.
What is the nutritional value of sunflower seeds?
- One hundred gram of dried seeds of sunflower contains the following:
- 584 calories
- 5% water
- 20% carbohydrates
- 51% total fat.
- 21% protein
- Sunflower seeds include 42% DV of protein, 36% DV of dietary fiber, 23–129% DV of B vitamins, and 234% DV of vitamin E.
- Sunflower seeds are rich in many dietary minerals such as magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, iron and zinc.
- Fat is a basic component in sunflower seeds. They contain monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats especially the acid of linoleic.
- Seeds of sunflower also include phytosterols. So it can help to low down cholesterol levels in blood.
More related articles: