Botanical name: Psidium guajava
Guava is one of the tropical and subtropical fruits. There are different types of guava such as the psidium guava (common guava, lemon guava). It is a small tree. The native regions for cultivation of Psidium guava are Mexico, Central America, and northern Southern America.
Guava is distinguished with a slow growth time. It takes several months to grow.
Cultivation of the seeds of guava takes from two to eight years to bloom and set fruits.
Due to its distinctive smell guava has been used in the production of shampoo. It is very common in India and Eastern Asia.
The tropical and subtropical regions, which located up to 1,500 m above mean sea-level, are the most suitable regions for cultivating guava due to its hardy nature.
What are the benefits of Guava leaves tea?
- Guava leaves helps to treat diarrhea. Putting guava leaf in a cup of boiling water and drinking it on an empty stomach prevents the growth of Staphylococcus aureus bacteria which is a very common cause of diarrhea.
- Bulk guava leaves tea can be used to low down blood Cholesterol levels. This fact has been proven in a study published in article in Nutrition and Metabolism.
- A Japanese study has confirmed that guava-leaf tea has a superior ability to regulate sugar levels of the blood after meals. So it is commonly used in the treatment and prevention of diabetes. Guava works to inhibit the absorption of two types of sugars. They are sucrose and maltose. Also this benefit has been proved in an article published in Nutrition and Metabolism. The article proved that the tea of guava leaf can fight enzymes that work to convert carbohydrate in the digestive tract into glucose and slow its uptake into the blood.
- Guava-leaf tea and guava juice help to lose weight. Drinking them regularly to prevent complex carbohydrates from turning into sugars.
- Because of the component of antioxidant lycopene which is found in guava leaves, Guava leaf is considered as a great Protective remedy against cancer. It plays an important role to reduce the risk of cancer especially cancers of breast, prostate, and oral.
- Guava leaf is useful to treat cold and cough. It contains high rates of vitamin C and iron which helps to relieve cough, treat cold and get rid of mucus. Hot drink of guava leaves has the ability to disinfect respiratory tract, throat and lungs.
- Guava leaf can be used to reduce Acne by crushing it and putting it on the Acne spot.
- By putting decoction of guava leaves on the skin you can get tighten facial muscles. Because of the component of vitamin C in guava leaf it can be used to strengthen the skin.
- Boiled guava-leaf helps to prevent hair loss. Boil guava leaf, cool the water, massage it onto the scalp and note the difference.
- Guava-leaf helps to maintain good oral health. Due to its anti-inflammatory nature, Guava leaf can work to treat toothache, swollen gums and oral ulcers.
What are the benefits of guava seeds?
- Due to high levels of potassium and antioxidants in seeds and fruits of guava, we can use them to low the high blood pressure.
- Guava seed is a great alternative medicine which helps to cure digestion disorders. It can be used to treat constipation, improve bowel movements, and prevent acidity due to its rich dietary fiber content.
- Because of the high rates of lycopene in Guava pulp and Guava seeds, they can be a protective remedy that helps to eliminate the growth of cancer cells especially in breast and prostate.
More related articles: